Monday, September 4, 2017

The complaints about walking stopped

August 14, 2017-

Well, I am 20 years old and have been out for 1 year on the mish.   My birthday was dope, woke up at 6 to go to each of our investigators homes to bring them to church.  No one wanted to go, so no one ended up coming.  After church our lunch fell through, so we had nowhere to eat.  But luckily enough one of our recent converts hooked it up fat with some couscous, hahaha I wore a pair of flip flops, and then later tonight we will head to one of the elder’s houses to have a BBQ and play cards and sleep there.  So I am hoping the night will be pretty fun.  

Also, I have been out a year.  The fastest year of my life.  But the same time the longest year of my life.  I am not going to lie, it was for sure not the best year of my life but it was the year I learned the most and became the closes to Christ.  

But any ways this week nothing really happened other than one thing.  Me and my comp found this dude that is paralyzed from the waist down.  He is 19 and in a wheelchair and one of the coolest guys I have ever met.  When he was 12 he got shot and became paralyzed.  We found him when we were walking down his street, he was just chilling out front.  So we began to talk with him and we heard his story.  It was awesome and humbled me so much.   I was always complaining about walking but when I met him the complaining stopped because he would kill to walk again.  But that was my week.

Love,
Elder Meyer





No comments:

Post a Comment