Friday, July 7, 2017

Heartbreakers and a Miracle

I blinked and this week was over. Special shout out to Max and Irene! This week really did fly by. I had a few great moments and a few heartbreaking moments and one miracle.

The great moments were on Friday I got to interview for people for their baptisms. We don't have any transportation so me and my comp left one area and headed out on a journey to another city to find the people we needed to interview! It took about two hours on foot to get there. But when we got there I had a great experience interviewing these people. And seen their great faith and enthusiasm to take the next step and be baptized. My faith through seeing this people that have such a little knowledge about our church but are so excited to learn more about their Savior.

Then after our journey and interviews we got a call from the sisters. Saying they needed some help with their investigators. So we went and found them and headed over to the investigators house. We made friends with them and taught him a little with the sisters. He excepted baptism, I interviewed him on the spot and then got his moms signature. It all went so smoothly, later I found out that the sisters were super nervous because the mom is super Catholic and that she wouldn't let her son be peptized. Ha ha but I walked back all confidently and boom, she signed the paper with ease. It was great!

Then Sunday was a heartbreaking day. Because we are teaching about 28 people right now and every single one of them agreed to go to church. So, Sunday morning we woke up at 6:00 AM and went to wake all them up and bring them to church. And that one was awake or in town or wanting to go because it's a holiday. Me and my comp headed to church feeling worthless as ever. We arrived in church and went to sacrament meeting and sat there for about a half an hour. Deep down I knew a miracle wascwaiting to happen. And boom, I looked out the window and saw one of our investigator showing up. It was one of our investigators that I least expected. It was a special miracle. But that's how my week went. Until next week.

Love,
Elder Meyer





No comments:

Post a Comment