Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Priscilla's, Jaine's, and Leo's Baptism

July 10-

For sure a week to remember.  It’s the last week of the transfer and me and Alves ended off on a good note.  We were privileged enough to baptize Priscilla, Jaine and Leo which was fun.  No better feeling then baptizing during the mish.  And seeing them come unto Christ more and more each day.  It was an awesome experience.  

Priscilla’s mom made a cake for her baptism that was incredible.  The cake had little dolls that she made by scratch.  The dolls were me and Alves baptizing her.  It was the coolest thing ever.  She’s not even a member but she will be baptized, is what she told me when I asked her.  I asked her if I could baptize her during my time in this area and she accepted. 

But the baptism was so special.  They are some of the most elite people I have met thus far on my mish.  God for sure prepared them before I met them.  It was a super great way to end this transfer.  Leo’s baptism was a little bit more complicated.  It took him 3 transfers to decide to get baptized.  He finally decided to be baptized this week.  So we baptized him and confirmed him a member of the Church.  Later to find out we didn’t baptize him correctly cause we forgot to add Dos Santos to his name.  So the next day we had to baptize him again.  And at first he didn’t accept it but later in the day he accepted after we explained how Christ is perfect and how he was baptized showing his example and how we need to be baptized how he was without any mistakes.  It was great we baptized him again.   

And that was how the week went.

Elder Meyer












No comments:

Post a Comment