Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving In Brazil!

So again wow, another fast week, but awesome week.  We had more baptisms, Thanksgiving, and a birthday of one of the Missionaries that live in our house.   
I will start with Thanksgiving.   Thanksgiving is one of the best holidays ever, but Brazil doesn’t celebrate it.  I brought Thanksgiving to Brazil this year.  And let me tell you I think that this Thanksgiving was probably my favorite one.  And probably one of the best days of my life.  Here’s why, we woke up at around 6:30 and helped a family completely move out of their house.  And completely into another house.  I may not be able to speak but I for sure can help.  So I went all out haha.  I went so hard I thought I was going to pass out.  The Brazilian family that we were helping move I think had an question of why is an American here first off and second so happy to help move at 7 in the morning haha.  They were so grateful.  And I was so happy for that.  After we helped them move, a guy made a special Thanksgiving lunch for me and my comp.  Long story short about his guy that had us over, I’m not going to give details but he’s not even a member and he has had some pretty serious problems and hasn’t accepted anyone to really come over and be his friend for about two years.  But he had us over because he had a special feeling about us.  He made a whole Thanksgiving lunch specifically for me is what he said.  And he opened up to us completely and told us he wants to change his life.  He told us that we have a light about us that he wants to have.  It was an amazing lunch and conversation and so, so, so spiritual to me for some reason.
After lunch we went to one of my favorite investigator’s homes to see how they are doing.  And we walked out with two baptismal commitments.  The two girls named Estela and Estephany.  We have been teaching them for 3 months and never had the impression to ask about baptism.  So we did and they said yes.  I was so pumped because I am so close with this family.  They are amazing and I want a family like theirs when I am married.  They are family goals.  They have stuff but not much and they make the best out of what they have.  And give every time we are over there.  The amount of food and stuff they have given me is touching.  
That was my Thanksgiving, it was literally perfect.  The happiness I felt is indescribable.  You can’t experience happiness like that anywhere else.  The whole day was lead by the spirit.  And I am so grateful for that.  
I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving.  I am so grateful for my family.
Love,











Elder Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment