Monday, October 3, 2016

Natal, Week One!

Natal is a very cool city.  I am serving right in the city.  My area is called Cidade Verde.  There are very rich parts and very poor parts.  My companion's name is Elder Oliveria.  He is from Porte Allegra.  He is awesome.  He speaks no English, but that's fine I guess.  He loves eating as much as I do.  We wake up at 6:30, work out, eat left overs, listen to music, shower, then at 8:00 we have personal study, then companionship study.  And at around 11:00 we go walk to a member's house for lunch.  The members here spoil us.  Every single day we have a huge lunch and the food is amazing.  They keep feeding you till you can barely move.  And I don't even know how to say I am full, to they keep it coming.  Every time I have to give my companion this hand sign that means I have to use the bathroom.  It's funny but real 'cause they stuff you us so much you pretty much have to prairie dog it to the baneiro.  After lunch we go proselyting from about 3:00 to 8:45 every day.  But we don't proselyte because we have so many people already lined up to teach that we don't have time.  We teach amazing people.  I think we have 8 baptisms lined up for the next couple of weeks.  It's crazy how bad the people wanna learn about the truth.  I usually just bare my testimony then sometimes say the prayer.  Half the time I pray or talk they just laugh, but other times I think they feel the spirit.  My companion does all the teaching while I play with all the little kids.  They love me 'cause I draw them hearts on pieces of paper and say "eu amo voce" which means I love you.  And then they laugh at me 'cause I can't ever remember their dang names.  It's super cute.  They make me realize there is a lot more to life than having money and accessories.  And then after we teach we go get acai, acai here is amazing.  Ya, that's how my days go.  I forgot to add two things, we live with the A.P.'s, they are super dope.  We do a lot of stuff with them.  I honestly love them too.  And every day we walk for hours in the heat.  I love sweating--NOT!  Haha we walk so dang much.  It's funny, we have a little thing in the Natal mission called the A.B.C. of the mission.  A for acai, B for baptize, and C for Coca Cola.  That's the lifestyle out here for us missionaries.  

And on a spiritual note, my testimony of the Book of Mormon has grown so much.  I appreciate it so much more out here.  If you ever are down read the Book of Mormon and all your troubles will be washed away.  Whenever I am down I read it and then weep about how amazing the book is.  Everyone needs to read it.  Not just read it but dig deep into the book and get as much out of it as you can.  I took advantage of having the Book of Mormon in my life and never even cared for it before my mission.  I am telling you right now, this book is true.  
Love,
Elder Meyer

P.S.  I you want to donate white shirts to me, it's much needed because I sweat through a shirt a day and it's gross because they are getting yellow, and it's winter here!







No comments:

Post a Comment