Sunday, March 11, 2018

Something sad happened

February 26, 2018

Another fast great week. This week started out great. We decided to knock some doors on this one street. We ended up meeting a huge group of amazing people. Tonight tons of lessons and made tons of new friends. Everything went perfect. We worked and focused a lot. We met a new family that came to church that will be baptized this week and a few others that will be baptized also. I love this mission with all my heart and I am striving to become a better person each and every day. Every moment I have out here to share the gospel or at least make someone smile, I am taking complete advantage of. There is nothing like this experience! The people here are so amazing that every day this week we had lunch with a member and then dinner with another member. It was jampacked filled with love.

This week also something sad happened. On Tuesday, as we were talking with the people on the street, we passed a house. I looked at my comp and said, "Hey, tomorrow we have to go back to that house." I felt like we needed to. So the next day we went to the house and knocked on the door. And out ran two boys. 10 and 12 years old. We started talking with them and getting to know them. They said they would go to church and all. They were the cutest little things ha ha. One told me if I don't come back and take him to church on Sunday he would strangle me with my tie.

 So, Saturday we went back to their house around 7 o'clock. We saw the mom screaming and crying as well as the sister. We asked her what had happened and she told us her two sons (around 20 and 18) we're shot in the head and killed. The very moment we got there she figured out what had happened. Me and my comp had no idea what to do so we just comforted them. Then out came the little 10-year-old I talked to, nearly devastated, and told me, "Well, it looks like I can't go to church with you tomorrow because my brother was just killed." I never felt like this in my life. It was such a strange feeling that I felt. But we told them we will come back Wednesday to teach about the plan of salvation. That was my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment