Sunday, March 11, 2018

"Come to church with us- starts at nine!"

January 15, 2018

This week was a great one! Everything worked out how we planned. We brought some amazing people to church that will be baptized this week. It was a classic.

So two of the girls that came to church with us super funny how we got to know them. So we live in an apartment on the third floor and they live in the building next to us on the third floor. We created two posters and put them on our window that said come to church with us - starts at nine. Worked out and they ended up coming and loving it.

The ward  is awesome because they're always having activities. So, this week I joined in and played basketball for my first time in a really long time. I played for straight up two hours in church clothes. I was a mess after ha ha brought back some great memories from when I used to play.

This week we had a meeting with prez and all the other leaders. I learned a lot about attitude. Everything in our life depends on our attitudes. If we choose to be happy and look at the bright side and every hard moment we will be more happy and less stressed during the hard times. You will be a lot more patient with yourself and others and will have a lot more success in life if you choose to be happy and have a good attitude.

This week two more things happened that was awesome. So I converted a woman in Estremoz, my other area, about two months ago. I contacted her by asking her if I could pick up mangoes off of her mango tree. And she said yes for sure. She ended up giving me two huge bags of mangoes. And then I told her a little bit about our church. And next thing you know she was baptized and bore her testimony on our church. I was super happy when I heard about this. She bore her testimony on fast Sunday saying she knows our church is the only true church.

The other thing that was funny that happened was last night Sunday night I was dead tired. Absolutely dead tired. Me and my comp and two other missionaries went down and sat on some cool chair in the bottom of our apartment. I decided to lay on the ground, boom! I've been sleeping about two seconds. And was woken up by a security guard asking if I was OK. Here's my current thought it would be funny to leave me. I told the security guard thanks and told him the other missionaries would go to hell. Ha ha ha -they thought it was so funny!

Love,
Elder Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment