Monday, June 5, 2017

Transfers and Awesome Week

Awesome week!  Don't even know where to start. But, I will start here.  I got transferred to another area called Belo Horizonto in Mossoro with a new elder named Elder Alvec.  The goodbyes were hard.  I spent 5 months working there so I became really close with the whole ward/city.  I say city because I now know every single person on every single corner in the city about.  The sisters that are now working there told me every person they see asks about me and what happened and where I went. And most are pretty depressed I left.  haha.  It is nice to know this because it means I did a little good.  But now it is over and I am in a new area. And let me tell you, I am loving the new area! It has only been 5 days, but I can tell the work will be great here. The only thing I ever heard about Mossoro was, "Mossoro is hot". Now that I am here, I can tell you it is hot,  I think it might be the hottest place on the planet. But it is cool- I am enjoying it.  You wake up sweaty, sleep sweaty, shower sweaty, study sweaty, but is is all part of the adventure.  

We found a girl this week named Priseta. She is 21 and is awesome.  She came to church with us and will be baptized this week. She loved church and loved learning from us this week.  She invited her mom and dad to join in the lessons next week, and we plan on inviting them to be baptized, also. 

But that wasn't even the best part of the week.  The best part of the week was that an apostle came and spoke with us.  It was Russell M. Nielsen.  It was super good.  He talked a lot about the Book of Mormon and family history and our lineage.  He also talked a lot about exact obedience.  It was great and super spiritual.  He bore his testimony on the Book of Mormon and it made perfect sense.  Every little word he said was inspired by God.  I loved it. I was pretty tired, but  I loved it.  

It was super fun, too, because the night before the apostle, everyone in our zone went to the same church at 9:00 at night.  Because our bus would be leaving the church at 7:00 in the morning.  So everyone went to the church and we played cards and games practically all night.  Then drove five hours to the Capitol to watch Russel M. Nielsen speak.  Then I got to catch up with all the other missionaries from our mission- which is alway a good time. Then we drove back 5 hours and got to work again.  

This week was dope.  I love the mission, I love sweating, and I love apostles.  Every moment of every day Deus has planned for us.  So just keep walking down the right path and everything will work out.  

Elder Meyer 












No comments:

Post a Comment