Wednesday, February 22, 2017

I am so grateful for all the things I am learning

Another good one here in Natal.  This week was very similar to the past weeks.  My legs might fall off we walked so much, and I don't think I have stopped sweating for the past 72 hours, haha.  But that's chill.  

This week I gave my first blessing to a girl.  It was good for a first one, I relied a lot on the spirit to do the talking with my little vocabulary.  It's crazy though because six months ago I didn't know a single word in this language, and now 6 months into it I am teaching and giving blessings.  Pretty sure the gift of tongues is real.  I thought before the mish you could just show up and be able to speak with the gift of tongues.  No!  The gift of tongues relies on your effort and your faith.  And it takes a butt load of effort, a lot more than I thought.  

But this mish is good and I am so grateful for all the things I am learning.  Like I can cook now.  I make a thing called tapioca almost every day, haha.  

Anyways this week we had a really good meeting with all the zones in the city and the Pres of the mish.  It was I think the best meeting we have had since I arrived here in this mish.  It's always a good time cause you get to see all your homies.  And I got to see some of the people from my old ward.  It was special.  This week me and my comp focused a lot on contacting to get a solid group to teach this week.  And that's about all the magic that happened this week. 

Anyways if you see Zach this week wish him a happy birthday!

Until next week!










Elder Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment