Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Week

So it was Christmas this week and you know what that means, it means you get to Skype your family.  I’ll start off by talking about that.  It was amazing.  For the first little bit I think I was in shock realizing I was actually talking to my family and that other people in this world actually speak English!  Haha, my vocabulary right now in English is so little.  I honestly now know that I know more in Portuguese than in English.  I couldn’t speak English.  It was honestly kind of hard.  But after a little it started to come back.  I will be real, it was a real confidence booster showing I am learning the language.  

I thought I would have cried seeing my family, but I was just so happy.  The only time I started tearing up is when I was preaching to Bree and Zach about the importance of serving a mission.  I love the mission and everything I have learned here.  I loved talking with my family, it was hard ending the Skype, but again I realized how much I love my family and how important they are.  Families are everything.  Skyping was incredible.

So a little bit more about this week.  We had a Christmas devotional with our whole mission.  And we did skits and stuff with our zones.  I had to act like a fish being caught.  We were acting out “fishers of men”.  So I was in between 20 sisters, and I was dressed in baptismal clothing cause I was an albino fish and then I got caught and had to flop like a fish in front of the whole mission.  It was funny.  Then after we went to this all you can eat pizza place and I ate 16 pieces of pizza.  

The rest of the week went pretty normal then we had Christmas eve.  Christmas eve was awesome because we were offered two dinners from different members.  The first dinner was with the sisters in our district and the President and his wife.  It was awesome because the food was amazing and we played games and stuff.  Made me miss home a little but it’s okay cause everyone there was going through the same thing.  After that we had another dinner at practically my second family’s house and I felt even more homesick but even more loved at the same time.  

I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas and found the true meaning.  I know God is real and Jesus Christ atoned for our sins so that we could be on this earth today and find the real meaning of happiness through repentance and our Savior’s grace.  He is our Savior and redeemer of the world.  In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Meyer  














No comments:

Post a Comment