Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Contacts through basketball

I think that I just going to start with saying, wow another fast week.  I can’t believe how fast time flies out here.  It is so slow yet so fast.  I remember p-day like it was yesterday but somehow a week passed by.  

This week we made contacts by playing basketball.  We have a court in our apartment and every Monday night they have pick-up games going, with tons of people playing and watching.  So we decided to make contacts there.  Easiest contacting ever because if you are somewhat good at basketball everyone wants to talk to you and on the other hand I am American so they were all wondering why I was here haha, so I went hard for a bit.  I even had people chanting “American” every time I scored.  After we went out with some of them and got pizza and stuff.  And we ended up teaching 4 or 5 of them this week.  They are all perfect investigators too.  We asked them to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it.  And about what we taught them, if it is true.  They all did, which is amazing because most people don’t do that the first time.  So it was great.  Before each lesson I prayed so hard to have God’s help during the lesson.  And let me tell you I don’t remember a thing I said in all 6 lessons.  Other than my companion telling me I taught perfect and that he thinks I am almost fluent.  I know God took over during those lessons and taught for me through the holy spirit.  I know if you are seeking for something that you need to sincerely pray asking for help.  Don’t pray with your lips, pray with your heart.  

I love being a missionary even though it’s the hardest thing ever.  And not anything what I expected.  I love it so much and wouldn’t change a thing about my mission.  This mission seriously has all my weaknesses.  Every weakness I have this mission has for me and I am taking it head on.  Because I know that those weaknesses will become strengths.  I realized that I want my future wife to have served a mission.  Not only because of the faith you gain out here, because of the real life situations you learn.  I think it would be cool to have a wife that went through similar struggles as you.  Cause when life ever gets hard in the future, together you can just laugh it off and have solutions to get through it.  

Oh and by the way it’s Bree’s birthday this week.  Give her a hug for me if anyone sees her.   Except for boys.  I may be in Brazil but I can still kick anyone’s butt that hugs you Bree, haha. 

Have a great week and keep serving people this Christmas season.

Love,
Elder Meyer






No comments:

Post a Comment