Monday, October 16, 2017

Coolest Baptism Thus Far

Another fantastic week.  This week was a lot about serving others.  I really came a lot more unto Christ this week.  Started out with Tuesday, we were at this little store drinking coca cola and I was messing around with this little boy.  Then I began to talk with the mom of the baby.  We started talking, and I was telling her about our church and stuff.  I could tell she was super young and poor so I asked if she  needed anything at the store.  She said no.  We continued talking and then I had the urge to ask again if she needed anything and she said no again.  So I invited her to church, her and her little kids.  We got her address and everything.  But I had the urge to ask her again if she needed anything.  And this time she said yes.  And then we entered the little market and all she needed was a little packet of milk and diapers for her baby.  It was so humbling for me.  I felt so selfish and so spoiled after that, it hit me hard.  It really showed me how lucky I am and how easy my life is.  And how easy it is to be a missionary compared to a lot of the people’s lives here that are fighting to keep food on their plate.  After we met her me and my comp went to a place kind of like Costco to buy food for her and her family.  When we got to her house she was so grateful.  It was an incredible feeling I will never forget.

 The next day me and my comp were sitting under a tree after lunch waiting for an appointment.  When we saw this lady get off the bus all alone with tons of groceries that looked super heavy.  Me and my comp looked at each other and ran over and helped her.  She lived super far away too.  When we got to her house I was exhausted with how heavy they were.  There is no way in a million years she could have gotten home with all these groceries alone.  When we got to her house she was so grateful.  We got to meet her whole family.  She is a 32 year old mom with 5 kids and a husband that sells these cookie type of things on the street.  It was another amazing humbling experience.  After that we met this boy that is 9 years old that was selling these things called “salgados” on the street to help his mom out because her husband left her alone with 4 kids.  And they boy that’s 9 years old was left to work.  We taught them and they accepted to be baptized on the spot.  

Oh ya, by the way, I am in a trio again for my 4th time already, hahaha.  Me my comp got a call saying that there were a few problems going on in another zone with the zone leaders and a few other missionaries were having some sort of issues together so we got one of the zone leaders from a zone called Sousa with us now.  But it’s cool he is my buddy and he is going home in 3 weeks.  It’s been a blast so far with Melo and Adrianno.  

But Saturday was dope we baptized this dude called Janielson on the beach.  It started dumping rain haha.  It was for sure the coolest baptism thus far.  It was on a super pretty beach.  My area has some awesome beaches, haha.  Then a wave took Melo out and he lost his name tag.  It was classic.  After that we went out to work during the night and it started to rain.  And this 17 year old girl asked us if we wanted to wait in her house till it stopped.  So we ran in and we met her huge family of 6 and got to know them super well and they are pumped to learn more.  Also I gave a talk, confirmed two people and did some crazy suff like that Sunday.  It was an incredible week.

Elder Meyer







No comments:

Post a Comment