Friday, May 12, 2017

Full time babysitters and Irma got baptized!

Another incredible week.  Me and Elder Cain have become full time babysitters this week.  We have to babysit our other companion that’s heading home in 25 days.  Not going to lie, it’s like taking care of a stubborn 4 year old, hahaha.  But it is great I am learning a lot about patience and hard work. 

Anyways, this week we baptized Daniel and Irma Fransisca.  Irma Fransisca was a very spiritual experience for me.  I got to interview her then baptize her.  But her story touches me and her faith changed me.  She’s an overweight 70 year old that decided she needed to follow her family and be baptized in our church.  She has tons of health problems and has lots of problems in her life.  But she decided to follow Christ and be baptized.  I got to share a message before her baptism, and I started getting a little emotional in front of all the ladies in our ward that were watching her baptism.  Then I got to baptize her.  The second after her baptism she looked at me and started bawling and said how when she came out of the water she felt a shock from head to toe and she told me she was cured and how God cured her.  It was special.  Then the next day in testimony meeting I bore my testimony on how she made my faith grow.  I said how she can’t even walk but she had the faith and trust in me to baptize her.  It was funny cause I was getting shout outs from the people bearing their testimonies saying how gentle and incredible it was.  Haha it was a very spiritual week.  Then Sunday we baptized Daniel.  He’s chill.

I learned a lot about the love Christ has for his children on earth.  This week I studied a lot about the attributes of Christ, in Preach my Gospel, and it truly brought me closer to Christ.  I recommend studying it if you have a chance.  

Oh ya, my boy Ruan and his bro came to church.  I told them we are going to baptize him on the beach.  So I am expecting this to happen within the next few weeks.  But that’s about all.

Love,
Elder Meyer




No comments:

Post a Comment