Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Matthew 16:25 got me through the hard times during the week

What’s up again.  A great week yet again.  Weeks seriously fly by, its not OK.   Obviously sometimes I want it to go by fast and there are other times I don’t want it to end.  That’s kind of how this week went.  But it was still a good week.  
We committed one of my favorite families in the world to get married.  So I think in about 20 days they will have their wedding then be baptized after.  To be real I didn’t think two 19 year old boys could commit a couple to get married and baptized cause marriage really is such a big commitment.  Buy hey God wanted it to be done so he made it happen through us.   He works in mysterious, beautiful ways.  I love it.  This family is amazing, and their life is only getting that much better through our Gospel.   And we got most of our key investigators to come to church with us Sunday so that was great of course.  We met a single mom that just moved here that has 2 girls 8 years old and 10 years old, and yes they are adorable and loved church.  
Other then that the week was pretty normal.  We still ate at McDonalds and Dominos.  We pretty much have a routine, it’s great.  We work our butts off then go enjoy food and acai.  But I want to share a scripture that helped me get through some of the hard times during the week.  It’s in Matthew 16:25, it says “For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.”  This scripture is the most real scripture.  I love it and I thought about it every time I was walking down the hot street dripping sweat, getting turned down, not understanding a word people speak.   It helped me get through those times.
Well, until next week.

Elder Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment